Legal Remedies For Harm Done In Long-Term Care Facilities
Nursing home and residential care facility abuse and neglect are unfortunate, common and often overlooked problems in today’s society. Through falsified medical records, negligence in daily care, and intentional physical and emotional abuse, the potential for harm is rampant. When the trend gets personal and you or your loved one is affected, the issue takes on great personal importance. An attorney can help you determine whether you can bring a claim against a care facility and/or its staff members.
If you find out that your loved one has been injured or has died without explanation in a long-term care facility, we will work with you to uncover the facts. If we find evidence of neglect or abuse, then we can file a claim or lawsuit. At Clary | Suba | Neale in Baton Rouge, we will seek compensation on your behalf for:
- Medical negligence
- Wrongful death
- Any wrongdoing that resulted in injury, illness or death
- Elder abuse such as financial exploitation
Let our firm be your source of information and advocacy.
Examples Of Nursing Home Or Residential Care Injuries Leading To Litigation
Abuse can range from intentional harm to general neglect or the administration of incorrect medicines and dosages to patients. Some of the most common consequences of negligence in nursing homes, rehabilitation centers and similar facilities include:
- Bedsores, also called decubitus ulcers, that may occur when caregivers fail to turn residents or patients often and keep them clean and dry
- Scalding or skin tears caused by careless bathing practices or rough handling by caregivers
- Malnutrition or dehydration brought on by a failure to monitor low intake of food or fluids
- Fall injuries, caused by staffing or care failures, as evidenced by bruises, cuts, broken bones and other physical marks or maladies
- Overmedication and other types of medication errors
- Injuries that occur outdoors after residents with dementia “elope,” or wander, when unsupervised
We are determined and thorough plaintiffs’ lawyers who leave no stone unturned during our investigations. We will do what it takes to get to the bottom of your loved one’s injury in a nursing home or rehabilitation center.
Don’t Just Worry And Wait; Get A Free Case Review
It is easy to go into a state of denial after learning about an elderly or disabled family member’s nursing home or residential facility injury. But it is important to act promptly while an investigation can uncover fresh evidence.